What inspires me
- Courage is freedom + anxiety
- Relationships are primary; everything else is derivative.
- The only way to mobilize people is around purpose.
- There are no leaders, there is only exercising leadership.
- Being aware is more important than being smart.
- To be a better leader, develop more heart.
- When in doubt, tell more truth.
- Think systems: Work to get the whole system into the room.
- Focus on capacities and potential; they bear more fruit than deficiencies.
- Know the difference between wicked problems and technical problems.
- Listening is not a soft skill, it’s damn hard work.
- People improve through feedback, not through rules.
- Grace is not being perfect. Grace is the speed of the response after the breakdown.
- Just because you are not sick does not mean you are healthy.
- People don’t get in trouble for telling the truth; they get in trouble for not telling enough truth.